The Purpose of ISHA
- To stimulate among individuals in the areas of education, medicine, government and members of the general public a continued and greater interest in communication disorders and processes.
- To encourage and foster the growth of services for individuals with communication problems.
- To encourage the best possible training for speech-language and hearing scientists, audiologists and speech-language pathologists.
- To encourage and foster the growth of communication sciences.
- To provide for the exchange of information and ideas among members of the association.
- To promote understanding and cooperation among both public and private agencies interested in development, growth and research in communication processes.
- To advocate the rights of persons with communication disorders and promote the individual and collective professional interests of the members of the association.